Norman, OK asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: My daughters father is refusing to return my daughter back to my custody tomorrow at 6 p.m like is court ordered.

He’s saying he gets a full weekend for Father’s Day. That would mean he gets her Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. We have temporary joint custody pending trial. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hans Otto Lehr
Hans Otto Lehr
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Do you have a Temporary Order in place that specifically deals with Father’s Day/Mother’s Day? If so, it depends on the specific language of the Order. If he does not follow the specific language of the Order and return the child as the Order states, he could be held in Contempt of Court. Your attorney will need to apply to the Court to have him held in Contempt. It is not automatic. Hope that helps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.