Fontana, CA asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI, Personal Injury and Wrongful Death for California

Q: Pro bono ?

Dui (drugs) / great bodily injury/ involuntary vehicular manslaugther.

Pro bono attorney in San Bernardino , Ca.

3 Lawyer Answers

William John Light

  • Riverside, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Get a public defender. If you want a private attorney, you will have to pay, and for those charges, it isn't cheap. Time to call on your family and friends to chip in.

Marc David Pelta agrees with this answer

Mr. Hudson Thomas Bair

  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • San Francisco, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Assuming you are asking a question about defending the criminal charges (you don't actually ask a question), you may qualify for the services of the public defender, a lawyer paid by the government to defend people charged with criminal offenses.

Marc David Pelta agrees with this answer

Dale S. Gribow

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: much more info needed.

however, it looks like you are trying to ask a question re-representation pro bono.

you could be stuck with someone who just wants to get some experience at someone else's expense.

do yourself a favor and ask for a public defender if you can't afford a private lawyer.

Marc David Pelta agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.