Houston, TX asked in Criminal Law and Libel & Slander for Texas

Q: I need adviced in how to advance in a matter. I am been defemated around my family by a niece . She's a known drug user.

My 17 year old niece is slandering me around the whole family. She has fabricated a false story that I am involved in an affair with my brother inlaw. This is not true. I currently Iive on my mother's home & so does my niece. Due to the false statements of my niece, I have been called names from all my brothers/ sister's without reason. When I confronted my niece about her statements she used all kinds of profanities and said she has prove and she will show it to everyone and to not mess with her or try doing anything to her because she is going to harm my special needs 10 yoa child and she was gonna set my car in fire.

She has always been such a problematic child, she is currently in parole for possession of marijuana and has a boyfriend that's is suspected to be involved in illegal activities. So, I am scare that she might actually do something to me. Her mother has also treat me if I were to report this to the authorities, but am scare of what she might do to me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can't change other people.

Life is too short to put up with that nonsense.

Find a different place to live.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.