Ukiah, CA asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Legal Malpractice for California

Q: DA says dont know what happend but we lost your case ? victim of violent crime sue for failure due process on DA?

dept of consumer affairs and Board of dentistry investigated an man for unlicensed unauth. practice of dentistry since they only enforce Licencees they turned it over to San mateos DA office for criminal prosecution...... they had enough evidence, expert testimony, victim, text messages and ect. how did this happen? statue of limits is up now im stuck with $$$ for reconstruction on my face and mouth?? can they do that ?? just not file ? I have a right to press charges on some one who ruined my face?

1 Lawyer Answer
William John Light
William John Light
  • Legal Malpractice Lawyer
  • Riverside, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The Dept of Consumer Affairs and Board of Dentistry have no obligation to refer a case for criminal prosecution or to advise you of the statute of limitations for a civil case. Speak to some attorneys about your case to confirm that the statute of limitations has, n fact, run.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.