Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
California Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Criminal Law and Gov & Administrative Law for California on
Q: in board of parole hearings does pro per inmate have right to true audio of hearing for constitutional challenge

commissioner committed double jeopardy retrial; violated ADA protection of substance user with 26 years sober proscribed narcotic pain medication; other-California Penal Code section 132, 134 violation; etc.

audio cassette not contraband and is the official record of all events occurring in hearing

Dan Moseley
Dan Moseley answered on Dec 2, 2021

I often represent inmates at California State parole suitability hearings, but I do not understand what you are asking. Perhaps you can make your inquiry clearer over the phone. You're welcome to give me a call at no charge. Many other attorneys on this website also offer initial... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy, Contracts, Personal Injury and Gov & Administrative Law for California on
Q: Default entered in Turner's favor

Enter default on pacer

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Nov 28, 2021

What is your question?

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Public Benefits for California on
Q: Can i put ad on money? like put link of my website in 1$ bill. If yes how many of them i can do without any issuese?

Is it legal?

Can i print on money?

will it consider as vandalism if its small and its in the corner?

is it good idea?

Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II answered on Nov 17, 2021

No, it is not a good idea, it is a bad idea. You would be committing a Federal Crime by defacing currency. You would be investigated by agents from the U.S. Treasury or the Secret Service. The more money you print on the more likely you are to be caught. More people today use electronic... Read more »

4 Answers | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for California on
Q: Can a defendent out of custody appearing in pretrial hearing be told "take your hands out of pockets". By court ballif.

He made statement to only the defendent. While Judge is present. Seems like he was treating him like a inmate. Would this be a violation of his right to fair trial.

Dan Moseley
Dan Moseley answered on Nov 10, 2021

It doesn't sound like anything to worry about. Bailiffs like to see that courtroom attendees act respectfully, and some have unique ideas of what that means. I once had a bailiff tell me to take the eyeglasses off the top of my head! Go figure.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation and Gov & Administrative Law for California on
Q: My neighbors and I share a backyard they have 3 dogs, and I have 2. Do we need a kennel license?

The property is a house that has been divided into two separate spaces. Half the house is there's and the other half is mine.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Oct 14, 2021

In most locales, no, but check with the local animal officer who enforces animal protection codes. Assuming you aren't breeding. Or call your local Animal shelter or your vet.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Gov & Administrative Law for California on
Q: How to file a law suit against a police dept or officer.

Spd came to my home searching for large amounts drugs .all they found was small personal use and a pipe.however they went in my safe and took a big amount of cash I had just received for stimulus and law suit payment.,when I ask them how do I get my cash back they said.(you become a ci)and get it... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Oct 1, 2021

more info is needed

the best advice I could give you is to make an appointment with a local criminal lawyer for a free consultation.

i would have suggested that BEFORE working with the police.

i would also suggest you not discuss things like this on an open forum

Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Gov & Administrative Law for California on
Q: I was terminated today over Microsoft teams

I was terminated today from Telecare where I've worked since 2/2015 as a staff psychiatrist. It was a meeting on Microsoft teams and the Regional Medical Director and one of the Clinic Administrators said I had to sign the documents immediately which they emailed to me, which I electronically... Read more »

Neil Pedersen
Neil Pedersen answered on Oct 1, 2021

Unfortunately you do not ask a question so it is hard to know what you wish to learn. I am not well versed in the administrative licensing process, and you will likely have to reach out to get some specific confidential advice about that process if that is your primary concern.

As an...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts, Gov & Administrative Law and Landlord - Tenant for California on
Q: What to do If my old landlord violates/breach of court orderd contract from his obligations to give me good reference

I have multiple recorded violations/breach of contract from x-landlord.I obtain them from homeowners/property managers who were considering me for tendency but was turned down because of my x landlords malicious/false bad referrals which he was court ordered not to give. I'm homeless/living in... Read more »

Jonathon Maddox
Jonathon Maddox answered on Sep 21, 2021

There's several pieces to this. First off, you mention that he was "court-ordered not to give", which would imply there's already been a case and judgment on him in regards to his recorded breaches prior to you moving out? If so, then the discussion would be on your issue... Read more »

Q: I need a lawyer to represent me in a case against the juvenile detention agency in san Diego county
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Sep 20, 2021

A California attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. You could continue to await a response here, but it could be difficult for an attorney to reply - this is only a Q & A board. Some options you could consider include looking into sites that do operate as attorney... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Public Benefits and Social Security for California on
Q: I will be going before an Administrative Law Judge for Social Security disability benefits. Any clinics around to help?
Elizabeth Fowler Lunn
Elizabeth Fowler Lunn answered on Sep 15, 2021

There may be a local law school with a clinic for disability benefits so you could call around and ask. If you are concerned about not having money to pay a lawyer you don’t need to worry about that. You don’t pay up front and the attorney only gets paid a percentage of your back benefits if... Read more »

View More Answers

Q: I Want to Open Hydrogen Station, I wanted to Know about its Legal Formalities etc. In USA
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jul 28, 2021

A California attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for four weeks. It could be difficult for any attorney to meaningfully advise on the formalities you ask about in the brief format of this forum. There are many things to consider, whether from an intellectual property standpoint... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Personal Injury, Federal Crimes and Gov & Administrative Law for California on
Q: Misconduct by the police

i am a African American Male 100% disabled. There are more details that I have not mentioned regarding the entire incident and things following.A couple of years ago while driving on the freeway I ran out of gas. I contacted California Highway Patrol to inform them that I had help coming on the... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Jun 26, 2021



Q: Can congress form a city in a state by overriding state and local government
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jun 26, 2021

This question could be beyond the scope of this forum. Congress does have certain enumerated powers granted under Article I, which include collecting taxes, paying debts, providing for the common defense and general welfare, borrowing on the credit of the United States, regulating commerce, etc.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Civil Rights, Gov & Administrative Law and Internet Law for California on
Q: Can the president of an HOA prevent a board member from engaging residents on social media? Which law supports this?

I found some protections for members of legislative bodies in the Gov code (Chapter 9. Meetings [54952.2], but those pertain to public entities and our HOA is a private nonprofit corporation.... Read more »

Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi answered on May 27, 2021

The 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects the freedom of speech. It is also protected by the California Constitution in Article 1, section 2 which states: "SEC. 2. (a) Every person may freely speak, write and publish his or her sentiments on all subjects, being responsible for the... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Employment Law and Gov & Administrative Law for California on
Q: I am a federal government employee. I am being forced to wear a mask because I will not get the COVID-19 "vaccination"

Wearing the cloth masks required do not prevent the COVID-19 virus from being breathed in. What legal grounds justify I wear something that does not protect me

Neil Pedersen
Neil Pedersen answered on May 18, 2021

As an employee you must comply with the dress code and uniform requirements of your employer. If the your employer required you to wear foil hats to prevent alien intrusion into your brain, you wear the aluminum hat. That is the nature of the employer-employee relationship. You do not get to... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Civil Litigation for California on
Q: I am looking to sue the State of California. How do I go about proceeding?
William John Light
William John Light answered on May 10, 2021

Talk to a lawyer. There is a 6 months Claims filing requirement. If you are past that, your claims are likely time barred unless you are pursuing federal claims or are a minor.

View More Answers

Q: Is it fraud to skip over a named successor trustee, and instead nominate and fill the vacancy with an outside party?

The successor trustee who was handling the administration of my irrevocable trust died. My Aunt was named second as a successor but she declined.

The next successor trustee named in the trust instrument was a bank but the bank was never informed of this. My Dad's widow, (an omitted... Read more »

Jackie Marie Howard
Jackie Marie Howard answered on May 3, 2021

You said the fiduciary was court appointed. Did you get notice of the ex parte hearing? More facts would be needed to determine if you have any recourse. Seek counsel for a private consultation so that you can provide all the facts of your situation for a thorough evaluation.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Gov & Administrative Law for California on
Q: Any pro-bono lawyers for disabled veterans? EEO hearing with Admin Judge pending (no date) - PTSD affects focus

Discrimination at federal job increased PTSD symptoms over 2 year period - focus and concentration affected. Hoping a lawyer can help me get my case reviewed and streamlined for presentation at hearing. Would prefer representation but cannot afford to hire one outright (willing to pay them from... Read more »

Neil Pedersen
Neil Pedersen answered on Mar 22, 2021

Unfortunately, I think you misunderstand this part of this site. This is only a place to get general legal guidance about the law. It is not a place where you can go to ask an attorney to help you or to get someone to give you a referral to someone. There is another part of this site where... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Gov & Administrative Law for California on
Q: Can Dreamers go on cruise from CA/OR/WA-HI, CA/HI-AK, TX-NY/ME, or vice versa if it doesn't land on a foreign nation?

By this, I mean if a Dreamer doing so won't risk deportation or cancelation of DACA. And of course, this would be in times when things get back to normal.

The 2 letter codes represent the states while the hyphen represents the word "to".

I was also wondering if a... Read more »

Kyndra L Mulder
Kyndra L Mulder answered on Mar 11, 2021

I do not suggest this. Even though you may not arrive at a port outside the USA, each time you exit or enter the ship you go through customs.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Business Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Government Contracts for California on
Q: My LLC got & spent $48k EIDL, but I'm now out of business & can't repay. If I dissolve b4 payment is due can I get out?

It's a business of one. The EIDL/SBA contract lists my LLC as the borrower but it's my name as the authorized signer and manager of the biz. Biz has no assets or collateral. If I close the biz can they come after me personally to repay EIDL? To get out of paying is there anything I must... Read more »

Julie King
Julie King answered on Mar 2, 2021

You cannot dissolve the LLC unless you can swear under penalty of perjury that it owes no debts. But the answer to your question will depend on the language in the loan documentation you signed. That is your contract. A lawyer would have to guess what your documents say in order to answer your... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.