Seattle, WA asked in Juvenile Law for Washington

Q: If put on probation as a juvenile and go on warrant status for probation violation will it be carried over as an adult?

Already pleaed guilty to his charges but was put on probation till a month after he's 18 . Now he has a warrant for not checking in . Willl his warrant be dropped or will it be carried over as an adult ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cristine Beckwith
Cristine Beckwith
  • Juvenile Law Lawyer
  • Tacoma, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: Warrants generally freeze everything until they are quashed and the underlying issue addressed. The Court will continue to have jurisdiction over him even after he is 18.

He should contact an attorney to schedule the warrant quash hearing and assist him in ending probation and closing the file. This is a service that we often times provide. We can be contacted for a free phone consultation.

Nadine Bertman agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.