Norwalk, OH asked in Banking, Business Formation and Business Law for Ohio

Q: I help with an online business that isnt an actual established business, kind of like selling stuff on facebook.

over the past month I helped with collecting the payments and sending them to the vendor for the items. The vendor never shipped any items, she made fake tracking numbers, and etc. People are saying they are going to report me because I took their payment but I have proof from my bank account that when people paid, I sent it to the vendor almost right away. So what can I do?

I have spoken with the vendor and she says she is working with these customers directly.

The "business" isnt actually an established business, the sales have been made over Facebook.

1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
  • Business Law Lawyer
  • Tallahassee, FL

A: Since you saw the need to double down and admit to being involved in further cybercrimes I saw the need to repeat my advice posted in answer to your earlier question.

Based on your own description of the "online business" that you say you "help run" it will be hard for you to convince many people that you are not associated with the guy you admitted working with. Moreover, your comment "I have proof from my bank account that when people paid, I sent it to the vendor ALMOST RIGHT AWAY" is an admission of some guilt--in delaying payments not intended for you. Finally, your new fact--about having "spoken to the vendor" is further evidence that you--and your vendor friend--both knew exactly what you were doing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.