Palo Alto, CA asked in Bankruptcy and Real Estate Law for California

Q: Need Help ASAP

Hi Lawyer,

I really need help, so please help.

I sold my condo and bought the house with my girlfriend we both had name on the mortgage loan and Deed. After we live together, she brought her family over (like her mom, sister, brother and niece) then she start used me, she forced me to max out all my credit cards to bought expensive things for the house or even forced me to bought things for her and her family members. Now I am own 97K dept and unable to pay back my credits because all my working money goes to the mortgage. Now she is trying to insult me every day and she doing that with purpose. I already received credit card summons and feel depressed.

Please help....

I just want to forced sale the house and split money so I can pay back my dept but don't know how.



Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Theodore Allan Greene
Theodore Allan Greene
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Hi David... I have helped people like you with a process we call a Partition Action. It's always better to agree on it before you go to Court but sometimes you have to take Court action. You should talk to an attorney who handles these type of actions. We also are experienced in Bankruptcy which you may or may not consider depending on how much equity you have in the house. We offer free consultations too so make sure you get a free consultation before you take action. good luck to you... TED

Peter Maurice Lively and Bruce Alexander Minnick agree with this answer

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: Consult a civil lawyer as well as a bankruptcy lawyer. They can assess your financial situation and tell you what you need to do.

Bruce Alexander Minnick agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.