Lodi, CA asked in Consumer Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for California

Q: How would I go about making a motion to vacate a judgement renewal in lodi ca?

This judgement is almost 10 years old come sept and they have filed a renewal of judgement. I haven't heard from these people in over 9 years at least. It wasnt on my credit or anything and now they have gone form 2100 to 9000 in jidgement request. How do I get this stopped?

1 Lawyer Answer
William John Light
William John Light
  • Riverside, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You don't. They are entitled to renew every 10 years. If you want out from underneath the Judgment, pay it, negotiate a settlement, or file for bankruptcy.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.