Santa Ana, CA asked in Small Claims for Arizona

Q: I gave my brother 500 for rent nad deposit we haven't moved in so i wanted it back due to another altercation

Other altercation was a car i bought from my sister and he wont give the keys since it was in his name

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mike Branum
Mike Branum
  • Saint George, UT
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: I would suggest you enlist a neutral third-party who your brother respects to assist you in reasoning with your brother. If he still does not return your money, you could file a small claims court action to recover your money. You will need to make sure you have documents which prove you handed over the money and that it has not been used for the purpose for which you gave it to him.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.