Fresno, CA asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for California

Q: Through documented police and prosecutors (State and Federal) misconduct I spend 10.5 years in a Pretrial incarceration

Do I file a civil complaint against the police officer, the Deputy District Attorney, the DA's office the Federal prosecutor, the US Justice department or all the above? Violations of my civil rights were confirmed by a US District judge in the criminal phase of my case. At the end all (State and Federal) charges against me were dropped unconditionally. Now my life has been destroyed, and I'm seen a psychiatrist for severe PTSD for spending 10.5 years in the Fresno county jail.

The "misconduct" includes: Dozens of perjuries under color of Law, Forged police reports, Unlawful search and seizure (confirmed by a US district judge), and severe Brady violations.

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need to find a really good civil rights lawyer right away. If the case is a righteous one, most good civil rights firms should be interested. I'm not familiar with good civil rights lawyers in the Fresno area, so I suggest that you contact the Fresno County Bar Association and ask for their lawyer referral service to get suggestions of whom to contact. Good luck, and don't let any more time slip away, because your claims are time sensitive. But look for lawyers who are expert in handling cases under 42 U.S.C. § 1983.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.