Spokane, WA asked in DUI / DWI for Washington

Q: Dui. Deferred 2 years ago. last month. I had a slip up. got a dirty UA. Will they revoke?

Had an abortion this time last year. Since the slip up, I started treatment 1 day a week. Going to more AA’s. Going to a support group to learn to cope with it.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stan Glisson
Stan Glisson
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Port Orchard, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: First off, every court is different. I don't know what court your case is in, but GENERALLY the answer is no. Relapses are a part of recovery, particularly when someone goes through something like you have. As long as the treatment agency is aware and addressing it, then you should be fine.

Make sure the court always has your current address, because if they did want to address it with you they send notice through the mail. You want to make sure you get that notice.

Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.