Asked in Personal Injury and Products Liability for Maryland

Q: Im looking for council related to synthetic drug,, DES. I talked to attorney while back. Breast cancer or uterus

Breast cancer or uterus cancer, can still file claim. My mother has breast cancer and i have had cancer cells in uterus. We both need to file a claim, we missed the overall big filing. We live in Rock Hall, MD. Was hoping would not have to go to Baltimore for council. Would appreciate a response for my question, and an attorney able to take our case.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: The major DES litigation was in the 80's. If you have pre-cancerous changes, the problem is showing that the damages are such that you can make a claim. In your mother's case the difficulty is showing that her cancer is linked to DES or it is a form that is only found with those that took DES.

Another issue is does your mom know which manufacturer made her DES? I litigated a case establishing market share but that was in Massachusetts.

In Maryland you have three years from the date or your injury or when you discovered your injury. Assume that you will have to travel to a large city for legal counsel. There can be an initial consultation by phone but it may well be that your lawyer will be in Baltimore, DC, Philadelphia or New York.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.