Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Maryland Products Liability Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Products Liability, Gaming and Social Security for Maryland on

Q: Can my parents take my phone

Can my parents take my phone if I am 15 and I bought the phone under my own name and with my own money. If they take it away is that stolen prop

Griffin Klema answered on May 3, 2019

Whether it is "stolen" or not, I'm guessing there's at least a fair reason the phone was taken from you, even though you seem to disagree with that reason. At 15 years old, you are probably still considered a "minor" which means you are too immature to have certain rights (i.e. vote, consume... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Products Liability for Maryland on

Q: What kind a lawyer do I need for damages to a car due to negligence on the mechanics part

Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 25, 2018

You need to figure the cost of repairing the damage vs cost of hiring an attorney. I don't know of any that would take that on a contingent fee.

However if it's provable and you have collision coverage or general property damage coverage, why not file a claim with your insurance and let...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Products Liability, Business Formation and Trademark for Maryland on

Q: We are bring sued by a DC firm. We are a nonprofit.

They say they have one common word trademarked! HOW can this be, with that word, which is used by many.

Can we keep our non profit name?

Mark Oakley answered on Apr 19, 2018

Have they actually filed suit (in which case, you are being sued), or did they merely send a threatening letter? I doubt you are in actual legal jeopardy of losing the word, “Heroes”, from you company name or losing a damage suit in court. My guess is that they are trying to scare you into... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Products Liability for Maryland on

Q: I broke my tooth upon eating some Turkey Jerky from Boar's Head. What is my recourse? The company has left me hanging.

John Mesirow answered on Jan 24, 2018

Assuming that you broke your tooth on a piece of bone or something else that should not have been in the Turkey Jerky, you have a claim. Not to minimize what happened, but the problem you may have in finding a lawyer is what appears to be the limited nature of your injury. You should contact a... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability and Medical Malpractice for Maryland on

Q: I had rib plating surgery and had pain 2 months later. Screws have fallen out. Took 3 months to see a doctor

She won't even take an x-ray to see where the screw is before she goes in for another surgery which all she did was talk to somebody over the phone from her office because she never could make it to the appointment which I sat in the room for an hour and a half waiting..whole process has been a... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 11, 2017

Most likely but sounds like you need to get a second opinion (don't mention you are thinking about a case).,

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Personal Injury and Products Liability for Maryland on

Q: I recently took my honda vehicle to the dealer for the safety recall on airbags for the passenger and driver

Got into a car accident where both airbags didn't go was a very bad accident where I could of died if it wasn't for my seat I have a case? And if so what is the type of lawyer I should be looking for? Do you have any recommendations I live in Columbia md

Thomas Joseph Maronick Jr answered on Jul 18, 2017

It is a possible product liability case. You want a product liability lawyer who handles personal injury. My office will be happy to consult with you free of charge. Call 410 244-5068 and ask for my intake paralegal Mark.

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability and Landlord - Tenant for Maryland on

Q: If you have items stored at a friends house that's verbal agreement it could stay there for so many years and now cant

I stored items at a friends house in a non using basement he said I could keep there for a few years until my baby started school now 8 months later he's saying it needs to be out or he's throwing it away. What's the legal process that must happen if any? Can he just throw it away?

Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 12, 2017

If you don't get it after he gave notice, yup. Find someone else to store it but get it out of there.

2 Answers | Asked in Products Liability for Maryland on

Q: I was a spectator at a softball game and got hurt when the bleacher seat I was in collapsed.

I'm pretty sure it was defective. Who would I sue to pay my medical bills - the owner of the softball park or the maker of the bleacher?

Peter N. Munsing answered on Oct 30, 2016

Either or both. If the owner should have known,the owner. Hopefully you photograpthed the seat. Contact a member ofthe Maryland Assn for Justice--they give free consults.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Maryland on

Q: My question is, "Which is it? A "dietary supplement" or a "drug"?

I'm in a quandary. A long time ago it was pounded into my head that dietary supplements were not controlled by the FDA and therefore did not require a prescription. Now Aetna has taken roughly 10% of its formulary and declared them over-the-counter, yet they are not available over-the-counter. I... Read more »

Adam Studnicki answered on Dec 28, 2015

Probably depends on the specific substance.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and it may not work for your specific situation. It is impossible to evaluate a legal...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Maryland on

Q: My wife was sentanced for a drug case prior to her finishing drug court. How do we possibly solve this ?

Thomas C. Valkenet answered on May 31, 2013

This was posted as a "product liability" question, but I am sure you are referring to a criminal matter. We have a lawyer in the office that can discuss this for you. Give us a call for a consult over the phone, and we'll go from there!

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Maryland on

Q: If my father has a perscription for darvocet,and father gives son some for pain and isuffer after,can i b compensate

Ronald V. Miller Jr. answered on Mar 8, 2013

This cases are a challenge in the first place for a lot of reason. Certainly, the fact that you were not prescribed the medication is going to create an additional significant hurdle to your chances of recovery.

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Maryland on

Q: My father passed away from lung cancer. How long does it take for a wrongful death case?

Ronald V. Miller Jr. answered on Mar 8, 2013

I have to give you the standard lawyer answer: it is hard to say. In the fast majority of cancer cases, you are going to need to file a lawsuit to get a recovery. So, and I'm sorry, it really depends on the facts of the case, who you believe is liable, how strong the case is, and so forth.

2 Answers | Asked in Products Liability for Maryland on

Q: Can an additional person be added to a complaint after the statute of limitation has run?

I am a defendant in a law suite filed for lead paint poisoning on a child. He filed suite against me on his 21st birthdad that was 11/29/2010. Can he now amend the complaint to include my wife after the statute of limitation has run out?

Terrence Rubino answered on Jul 5, 2011

the law of the state where the suit or where the alleged misconduct occurred will govern. I dont know maryland law but it depends on the allegation against your wife and her involvement in the alleged incident. statutes of limitations generally have exceptions that are spelled out by the state law.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.