Salem, MA asked in Family Law for Massachusetts

Q: Hello, All of my children are over 19 and not in college, I have arrears from years ago (just interest now) and ex

has agreed to waive. How do we do this given I live in MA and he's currently residing in China teaching?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony C. Adamopoulos
Anthony C. Adamopoulos
  • Topsfield
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Your question says, “How do we do this”.

I am not sure what “this” is. Are you asking about the emancipations of your children or the formalizing of the arrearage release?

I will assume you are asking about the release. You and he can file a Joint Petition to Change a Judgment under Supplementary Rule of the Probate and Family Court 412. You can get the form off the internet or from the Court where you got your divorce. Good Luck you may find the task overwhelming but stick to it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.