Portsmouth, OH asked in Securities Law for Ohio

Q: Can I ask for a background check on a daycare workers who watches my son (statepay)?

My son has been reluctant I'm going to daycare the same day care that he's been going to since he's been about 3 months old now is about 22 months old and can't tell me what's wrong but doesn't want to go he fights me. The daycare is been going through multiple workers and I want to know why he's been acting like this. I think it has a lot to do with one of the daycare workers that watches him.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

A: This is not a Securities Law question. I suggest you re-ask it under the heading of Juvenile Law.

Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You can ask for anything but you have no way to compel them to background check their employees. It being a daycare they most likely are doing so. Have you sat down to discuss this with the owner? That might be a better thing to do.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.