Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Securities Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Ohio Securities Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Construction Law, Education Law and Securities Law for Ohio on
Q: Can I ask my school for building blueprints?

Using for a project but they denied my request because they said it violates security protocols.

Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
answered on Mar 10, 2021

Sure, you're allowed to ask, and they are allowed to say no.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Civil Rights, Landlord - Tenant and Securities Law for Ohio on
Q: Apartment manager decided to do a “wellness check” without telling us.. there is a lot more.

Manager entered our apartment with any form on contact before doing so while my wife was asleep naked and daughter was sleeping. Got to the bedroom door before announcing himself and my wife freaked out and tried to cover up as quickly as possible, he proceeded to stand there and stare at her while... View More

Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
answered on Sep 16, 2020

You can file a police report, but they are unlikely to do anything. You could sue the apartment owner for trespass. Talk to the owner about the manager's unauthorized entry. Put an interior lock on the door.

2 Answers | Asked in Securities Law for Ohio on
Q: Can I ask for a background check on a daycare workers who watches my son (statepay)?

My son has been reluctant I'm going to daycare the same day care that he's been going to since he's been about 3 months old now is about 22 months old and can't tell me what's wrong but doesn't want to go he fights me. The daycare is been going through multiple workers... View More

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Sep 24, 2019

This is not a Securities Law question. I suggest you re-ask it under the heading of Juvenile Law.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant and Securities Law for Ohio on
Q: Can landlord use security deposit if on a month 2 month and you give notice of moving. And you move within 30days
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
answered on Jun 12, 2019

Tenant is obligated to pay rent on time each month, not skip that last month of rent for landlord to deduct from deposit. If tenant does that, landlord could file for eviction, which is a permanent court record, and can make it difficult for tenant to rent from a landlord who checks.

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant and Securities Law for Ohio on
Q: Can a landlord legally ask a tenant for more money after withholding a security deposit on a rental agreement?

I have just recently moved from a rental property to another location. The lease agreement was for a 12 month period and after the 12 months, it became a month by month situation. After five years, I left the property and the security deposit was withheld for random repairs of the property. The... View More

Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
answered on Dec 4, 2017

You can request receipts. But if you don't pay, the landlord could sue you for the repair amount in small claims court if under $6000, and you could then go to court and dispute the amount the landlord claims. But the landlord might not sue, and instead could make an adverse entry on your... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Civil Litigation, Probate and Securities Law for Ohio on
Q: How can I freeze my mom bank accounts?

My mother had pass away this past Sunday ,family members are trying to take advantage, they took her credit cards check books without my permission and someone told me they was trying to write out a check and try to withdraw money from her account witch is illegal. How can I freeze her... View More

Kenneth V Zichi
Kenneth V Zichi
answered on Apr 26, 2017

1) Not having a will doesn't mean you don't have to go through probate. Indeed, it likely means you WILL have to go through probate.

2) Simply inform the banks your mother has died, and call the credit card companies with the same information. They will freeze the account...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Securities Law for Ohio on
Q: Can I take the justice system to court?

So this Hilary incident that happened recently, may I take the entire justice system to court? I know that is an ambitious question but that was a blatant disregard of the law. I do not care that she is running for president, she broke the law and endangered national security. Why does she get to... View More

Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
answered on Jul 6, 2016

You will not be able to successfully sue the FBI or Justice Department because they declined to prosecute Hillary. Law enforcement and prosecutors make decisions every day about which cases to pursue and which to decline. The concept of prosecutorial discretion has a long history in our legal... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law for Ohio on
Q: My father died 11/13/2014. How do I redeem his GM stock

My father gave me the stock certificate which is to be decided between my brother and I. How do I redeem these gm stock shares

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
answered on Nov 8, 2015

Your father's personal representative (appointed by the probate court) should contact GM.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.