Las Vegas, NV asked in Immigration Law for Nevada

Q: I received my 797c from with approval for processing. I'm a student adjusting status. Can I quit school at this time ?

I currently have an F1 Visa and I'm attending school . My studies end in November/December but I'm relocating to another state. I've been married for 1 yr but We recently submitted for adjustment of status and got the I797 forms ..approved for processing . Can I quit school at this time with out affecting my case?

Let's say I don't quit school now and finish my studies in December what then ? Do I become illegal ?

Will the end result be the same if i quit or not ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: You will not fall out of status when you quit school if your I-485 application is pending. It shouldn’t matter if you quit or not. We recommend that you keep the designated school official apprised of your plans.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.