Worcester, MA asked in Tax Law for Arizona

Q: I have not filed personal income taxes in 11 years. (all from working regular jobs)

I have not filed personal income taxes in around 11 years. At first is because I owed knew that I was going to owe a few hundred dollars, then I left it for the following year and then the following year and I know that I may owe between 7 to 10 thousand dollars. Now, I've been doing a lot of research, tax preparers say to file the last 6 years but attorneys say to file only the last year or two. I'm confused of what route to take. I can't pay an attorney because I'm broke. like broke, I only have money to pay rent and eat. but I want to settle this

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Linda Simmons Campbell
Linda Simmons Campbell
  • Tax Law Lawyer
  • Burlington, CT

A: See if you qualify for assistance from a law income taxpayer clinic in your area. It is impossible for us to give you the best advice without a lot more detail. Here is a link for more information on the clinics.


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.