Fayetteville, NC asked in Family Law for North Carolina

Q: My 14 yr old son is threatening to runaway. Who can I contact to try and stop this before it happens

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Krispen Culbertson
Krispen Culbertson
  • Greensboro, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: As much as I hate to say this, there aren't any good options, short of serious vigilance and professional counseling.

Your other options:

(a) Call the police, who will say they don't normally act in that kind of capacity -- still, they might agree to give him a talking to;

(b) Call DSS -- if you want them to be a part of your family's life for potentially a much longer time than any reasonable person probably would.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.