Greensboro, NC asked in Family Law and Child Custody for North Carolina

Q: So you telling me either way I have no chance of winning the case with or w/o attorney

My child godparents offered to help out with my child until I got on my feet end up expanding to a year I’m stable as possible but she filed emergency custody and she put lies on the petition that I’m unfit I never abandon my son I been in his life the whole time she had him in her care I take him to all his appointment I got him every other weekend I’m not unfit

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda Bowden Houser
Amanda Bowden Houser
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: That is not what I said and if that is what you understood from my response then your odds have just dropped some more. Words have specific meaning. What I said was your odds are not good with an attorney and are dramatically reduced if you represent yourself. I did not say you have no chance. You have a chance - just not a good one based on your own description.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.