Columbus, OH asked in Juvenile Law and Criminal Law for Ohio

Q: Im 15 and just had a baby by a 21 yr old children service came to my house to interview my mom and i.

So i just had a baby by a 21 yr old mom wasnt aware of the the relationship until i became pregnant after she found out she made me have no contact with him until i went to the hospital he signed the birth certificate now children services came to interview my mom and i , saying chrges are likely to be filed against him , if my mom allowed us to get married would the case be dropped ? I guess i should have used different wording a case hasn't been open against him yet, what i want to know is if it will stop it from one being opened if we was to get married?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Ohio law says you are the victim of criminal sexual abuse, whether you agree with that or not. A crime has been committed. You were under the age of consent. The prosecutor is not likely to drop it even if you do get married. The father's abuse can be proven by DNA testing. And it is a bad idea for any 15 year old to get married.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.