Kansas City, MO asked in Civil Rights, Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Missouri

Q: There is any possible way I can reverse foreclosure sale and get the house back if I pay the full amount ?

My ex husband passed away, we had 2 kids, we actually never get separated, the divorce was only on the paper. the lawyer said not to make payments on the house. The house went foreclosed. We still live in this house.

1 Lawyer Answer
Jennifer Sheila Kornblum
Jennifer Sheila Kornblum
  • Springfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: If the house has been sold in foreclosure it belongs to someone else now. If the sale has not yet taken place you may still have a chance to stop the foreclosure. Bring every bit of the paperwork you have received to an attorney right away to find out where you stand.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.