Sacramento, CA asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for California

Q: Ex said I beat her up wed when she went to hospital Friday . Police came to house Thursday no problem .

Police seen Thursday she was fine I haven't been around her since Thursday officer said she said happened wed

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter Depew
Peter Depew
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Luis Obispo, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The most bedrock piece of advice any criminal defense attorney can give is not to speak with the police. If the police attempt to contact you, it is usually a good idea to tell them that you do not wish to answer any questions or that you do not wish to answer any questions without an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.