Asked in Car Accidents, Civil Rights and Criminal Law for Illinois

Q: In preparing to bring civil action for an auto accident I have been able to show the police falsified a report

One witness accused by one driver causing him to back into my son, was released without statement the Driver information exchange was missing the offending driver info on my sons copy. I hired an independent collision expert who determined it was impossible for the accident to happen the way it was reported and I have two witnesses that say they never were allowed to make a statement even though the officer claims my son admitted to hitting the other driver. The officer masked the wrong crash point on my truck in his statement. The Illinois department of insurance is investigating the arbitration when they failed to provide all the evidence in particular the crash reconstruction. I dont know how to address this in my complaint. Until the officer talked to the other guy he admitted he backed into Jorden because of the third party mentioned earlier.

1 Lawyer Answer
Michael J. Morse
Michael J. Morse
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Detroit, MI

A: Speak to your attorney handling the auto case. Sounds like if you show your evidence you can get the report changed or at least show there is a question of fact regarding the veracity of the report. You should also try and make an addendum to the original report. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.