Middletown, MD asked in Internet Law for Maryland

Q: What can I do about someone using my email address to set up an CVS account. CVS says there is nothing they can do.

I can not use my email address with this company because someone is wrongfully using my email address. CVS is stating there is nothing they can do about it.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mark Oakley
Mark Oakley
  • Rockville, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: First, change your email password to something at least 16 characters long. Then, try to log into the cvs website with your email, and click the”forgot my password” option, and change the password to the cvs account. Then report your cvs card lost or stolen, and have a new card and number issued. This, by the way, is not legal advice, because this is not a legal issue, unless you want to repost criminal identity theft to police authorities, but that seems rather unnecessary if the only account of yours that is compromised is a CVS discount card account.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.