Maryland Internet Law Questions & Answers

Q: Question about registering a legal entity in the software industry using a well known trademark.

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Intellectual Property, Internet Law and Trademark for Maryland on
Answered on Feb 14, 2018
Andrew Zulieve Esq's answer
In my opinion, your proposed idea is not a prudent one and could very well be a costly one.

Q: I registered a domain name that belonged to a LLC. Can I continue the business they started using that domain name?

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Business Law, Intellectual Property and Internet Law for Maryland on
Answered on Feb 7, 2017
Will Blackton's answer
The content of websites is copyrighted as soon as it is created. If you are copying the code and content of the old website, you would face liability for copyright infringement.

Additionally, if you use any images on these sites, to which you do not own the rights to publish, you could be liable for copyright infringement.

Q: Can a 19 year old flirt with a 12 year old over the internet?

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law and Criminal Law for Maryland on
Answered on Jan 28, 2017
Cedulie Renee Laumann's answer
Very bad idea for a number of reasons. Any contact of a sexual nature with a minor, particularly one under 16, certainly could lead to criminal charges. Even if the "flirtation" doesn't rise to the level of criminal behavior, an adult flirting with a minor more than 4 years younger should be outright avoided.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.