Oklahoma City, OK asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Oklahoma

Q: What should i do if the local PD is protecting a guy who has done bad things to me that i can prove?

This guy has broke into my truck and shed and robbed me of tools. Stole a scooter and tow cable at a different time and admitted on text. Caught him on camera and the officer knows who it is. I showed the video to peope and everyone knows who it is but the police never even investigated

Him. Threatened my life. Threatened me not to take him to court. Had his brother call my private work phone and threaten my family with the aryan brotherhood. The PD says the turned it to DA but DA never got report. The PD ran drug dog around my car while i was in a store with a plain clothes officer over a false police report. They lost my police reports and flashdrive i turned in. I filed a complaint to the cheif and he just kind of made fun of us and wouldn't file one. The police commisioner even told me that had been wronged and wanted to know what outcome i wanted out of this, but havent heard from him since he talked to city attorney and no written report. they have never questioned the guy.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Boeheim
Brian Boeheim
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Obviously, we would like to have the police take this more seriously and to investigate more thoroughly, but that doesn't seem to be happening. One possibility is to go to the county sheriff instead of the city PD. Another possibility is to file a civil suit for damages and file a protective order for stalking. The stolen goods should get you some money back and the threats should be enough to get a protective order for stalking.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.