Federal Way, WA asked in Adoption and Estate Planning for Washington

Q: My father was old and manipul manipulation of elderly last will and testament States I give my daughter? Prove identity?

On Will & Testament it states I give my daughter? Amanda Gilbert my property what problem is he has no Daughter by the name of Amanda Gilbert this person only did a name change and took property and family back her up is that legal do you have to prove that you are actually a daughter to the deceased if written on will and testament last will and testament? Does the court for clerk's office have to have proof of being the daughter of the deceased before changing of property and ownership?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tammy L. Wincott
Tammy L. Wincott
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • San Antonio, TX

A: If you believe he was unduly influenced and the will is fraudulent then you should consult an attorney regarding to see if it should be contested. Do not wait until the estate has been drained of all assets.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.