Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Adoption legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Washington Adoption Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Washington on
Q: My case got picked up from CPS two days ago I signed the papers to the terminate my parental rights what can I do?

My kids were taken by CPS on July 19th 2019, I was required to do services and complete them and do random UA's cuz I had a drug problem. At that time it was hard for me to even get in to services due to the coronavirus recently started. When I was able to get in to Services I stayed doing... View More

Patrick Owen Earl
Patrick Owen Earl
answered on Mar 3, 2023

I am a criminal defense attorney. From what you are talking about you need a dependancy attorney. Good Luck

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption and Animal / Dog Law for Washington on
Q: Rehomed my puppy to a family, they only paid part the agreed amount and have avoided paying the rest, can I get my dog?

I chose to re-home my dog after suffering an accident and the reason was to help my family and find a better home for my best friend, I've heard every excuse in the book and all the promises that go with it... I miss my dog, he saved my life more than once and he's worth more than $350 to... View More

Kristina M. Bergsten
Kristina M. Bergsten
answered on Dec 2, 2020

You can sue to get your dog back for nonperformance on a contract. Text messages will be sufficient to prove there was an agreement, if you do not have a formal, written contract. I would recommend contacting a local civil litigation or contract lawyer in your area to help you with this lawsuit.

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption and Estate Planning for Washington on
Q: My father was old and manipul manipulation of elderly last will and testament States I give my daughter? Prove identity?

On Will & Testament it states I give my daughter? Amanda Gilbert my property what problem is he has no Daughter by the name of Amanda Gilbert this person only did a name change and took property and family back her up is that legal do you have to prove that you are actually a daughter to the... View More

Tammy L. Wincott
Tammy L. Wincott
answered on Nov 26, 2019

If you believe he was unduly influenced and the will is fraudulent then you should consult an attorney regarding to see if it should be contested. Do not wait until the estate has been drained of all assets.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Child Support for Washington on
Q: Nephew is 18 & in HS, been living w/me for 6 mos. His Dad won't give up being the custodial. How do I become custodial?

Yes he is 18 but he is still in high school & his dad claims he is the custodial until my nephew graduates.

Vincent J. Bernabei
Vincent J. Bernabei
answered on Apr 11, 2019

You don't. Your nephew is an adult.

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption, Family Law and Child Custody for Washington on
Q: How does my new husband adopt my daughter? What do we need to do?

Her biological dad has not been in the picture since she was 3 or 4. She is now 9 years old. I live in Vancouver WA. We are recently married and had decided to wait tell we we're married to have him adopt her we thought it would be easier. We want to have her adopted and she would like to take... View More

Vincent J. Bernabei
Vincent J. Bernabei
answered on Mar 28, 2018

You and your spouse should contact an attorney to initiate an adoption proceeding in Clark County Superior Court. Before doing so, I recommend that you have the birth father sign a consent to the adoption. You can complete the adoption and name change in the same proceeding.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.