Fairfax, VA asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for North Carolina

Q: If me and my wife at the time agreed to leave the child. Who is 10yrs old my pension which cost me $900 a month. Now we

are no longer together. She is seeking child support. Could the $900 be considered part of child support when they do the calculation?

I pay for before/after school day care. His medical insurance and life. I pay 300 for tutoring. At the present time I give him $200 a month spending change and i give her $400 to help. We have joint custody now. My total is $2300 a month and i only bring home $5200. So is the $900 a month consider income CREDIT also. Like what they call extraordinary expend.

1 Lawyer Answer
Melissa Averett
Melissa Averett
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Chapel Hill, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: No, sorry. Since you have no legal obligation to the support a child after your death, it cannot be considered child support.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.