Asked in Civil Rights for California

Q: What kind of lawyer do i need for police brutality? Can i use a lawyer from a different county?

My husband was beat almost to death by 3 off duty cops and threatened with his life and our families. We fear for our lives in pursuing this matter but feel like we have to because my husband is not the first person this has happened too. It is not in California City, CA but we're to afraid to talk and give real location. Please help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Look for a civil rights attorney in Los Angeles County. Go to the Los Angeles County Bar Association's website and use their Lawyer Referral Service. There are some outstanding civil rights lawyers there. One in particular you might contact is Dale Galipo. He has had some great successes in police brutality cases. A simple Google search will yield a lot of information which you may find useful.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.