Q: Hi, I've been deported twice from the U.S , I was under age both times.. (Check more information plz)

Hi, I've been deported twice from the U.S , I was under age both times, because I went with my parents. Let's say I start a company, and it goes very well... I mean multi-billionaire company, and I want to open a subsidiary company there, is there a chance for the immigration to approve it?

1 Lawyer Answer
Laurel Deborah Scott
Laurel Deborah Scott
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Bedford, NH
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Not enough information. If the most recent entry was after April 1, 1997, then you may be subject to INA 212(a)(9)(C). If the most recent entry was before April 1, 1997, then you aren't subject to that section. Also, if the second entry was with inspection, you might not be subject to 9C. I don't have enough information to say for sure. Even if you are subject to 9C, if you've been out of the US for more than 10 years, you are eligible to apply for a waiver. You don't need a qualifying relative for the 9C waiver (if you've been out of the country for more than 10 years), but you're still going to need a petitioner for the visa and it sounds like maybe you don't have one. If you have a highly successful business and you plan to invest a million dollars in a US business that will hire lots of people, then you can apply for an entrepreneur's visa and do the 9C waiver, but it sounds like you're not there yet.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.