Miami, FL asked in Domestic Violence, Sexual Harassment and Criminal Law for Florida

Q: My brother forced me to expose my naked body infront of him while I was in my room. Can I press charges? What kind?

He has been aggressively trying to force himself through sacred boundaries for at least a week since it happened. About a week before he tried to argue with me while I was in the bathroom. While I was on my period and having diarrhea he aggressively be asked multiple times if he could wipe my ass for me. In the latest instant after I had put clothes on and told him I was not his wife, mother, or maid, he tried to instigate a fight with me by getting in my face and trying to push me. I don't feel safe at home and I work from home, so it's effecting my ability to make money. My mom is witness to all of this and sides with him.

1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Yes, it probably constitutes at least one crime. Report it it to the local police or the local States Attorney's Office.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.