Denver, CO asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Colorado

Q: I’m 23 I live in Colorado and have for two years. Can Georgia put Me in prison for interference with govt. property?

There was a dispute at a bar, I was severely intoxicated, detained and ended up with an interference with govt property charge. This happened before I moved to CO. I work at the airport and just lost my security clearance until there’s a disposition and have to go back to Georgia, which I can barely afford to do because I can’t work anymore with out my clearance. Can anyone please tell me what to do so I don’t lose everything and become a felon for the rest of my life. This was the first incident I’ve had.

1 Lawyer Answer
Brian K. McHugh
Brian K. McHugh
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Littleton, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: If I understand you correctly, you were charged in Georgia. If that is the case, you should direct this question to attorney in Georgia. Colorado and Georgia law unlikely to be the same in your situation.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.