El Cajon, CA asked in Employment Law and Workers' Compensation for California

Q: CA-released by all doctors to return full duty-Employer stalling-no return to work no release-just in limbo-options?

Worker's Comp Injury 4/2017-surgery 3-1-19, released to full duty by all doctors 7/2019-Employer has not allowed me to return to work. Keeps stalling. It is now almost January 2020-my temporary benefits are about to run out and I really want to return to work-what do I do?

2 Lawyer Answers
Domingo R. Castillo
Domingo R. Castillo pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Indio, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You are being jacked around by your employer and you need solid representation by a competent workers compensation attorney. Don’t waste time. Most workers compensation attorneys will give you a free consultation and normally charge about 15% once the case settles.

Neil Pedersen
Neil Pedersen
  • Westminster, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The Fair Employment and Housing Act provides injured workers returning to work with many protections. It would be wise for you to seek out a specific, confidential consultation with an employment law attorney familiar with FEHA to determine your rights and your options at this point. This is no longer a workers compensation issue. It is a state court FEHA claim.

Good luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.