Oklahoma City, OK asked in Divorce, Family Law and Domestic Violence for Oklahoma

Q: My husband has left the home he was the main income for the family my name is on the deed what are my options?

He removed all his property and me and the kids in the home - he stated he would sue me if I rented or sold home - but I don’t make near enough to support all bills- options? Suggestions? He has been moved out since 12-24-19 this isn’t the first time he’s also been abusive knowing I can’t afford to leave

1 Lawyer Answer
Doak Willis
Doak Willis
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tahlequah, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You must borrow the money to hire an attorney to help you get a divorce and support.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.