Heber City, UT asked in Child Support, Family Law, Libel & Slander and Personal Injury for Utah

Q: What can i do if my custody case has other proceedings and or personal attacks against me from those who r on my ex side

my ex filed for full custody after i filed for support. well after out temporary orders hearing my ex and his attorney had requested things they know i cant do so there for my parent time has been taken from me even though i begged them to make it to where i can do them but they would not. My ex has gotten his friends bring conflict to those around me as well as causing an eviction and threatened physical harm and proceeded to punch walls and what not. two days later my landlord broke into my apartment while i was sleeping in my room to change the locks. my ex also got someone to write an affidavit against me in court then is the cause of mine/boyfriends eviction is there something i can do? as far as it being cause to either dismiss one or both cases? not to mention another person he had write an affidavit caused personal conflicts with my neighbors\ friends. He has made it where i cant even rely on the police in this small town to help me they refuse to do so.

1 Lawyer Answer
Lane Wood
Lane Wood
  • Licensed in Utah

A: First and foremost, it sounds like you should consider hiring an attorney. It sounds like your ex and his attorney are taking a very aggressive approach in the custody litigation. Their approach seems to be working to keep you from the kids. I suggest finding an attorney who can help level the playing field for you.

As far as the other stuff going on in the background, you may qualify for a civil stalking injunction to get your ex to stop his harassment. It is likely not going to get either case thrown out, but may be a good first step towards leveling the playing field.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.