Columbus, OH asked in Employment Law for Ohio

Q: subpoena was taken to my parents house but I was not there and not directly served. Do I still need to abide by

It states that I need to report to a lawyers office on a certain date. I do not even know what this is for. Do I have to go since I was not served directly? It so, am I able to obtain information about what this is for before I go?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Greg Mansell
Greg Mansell
  • Columbus, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: If you reside at the residence and someone over 18 signed for you, then yes - you need to appear. You can absolutely contact the law firm or lawyer that issued the subpoena and ask what it is about or even ask to reschedule.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.