Charlotte, NC asked in Family Law for North Carolina

Q: What if the father is following the agreement made in mediation and the child cries and cries they don’t want tl go

Also he gets threatened by his fathers wife’s mom and she has hit him before the kids barely go to their dads he pretty much just whenever he wants he is suppose to get them every other weekend and he doesn’t and when he does he picks them up on Saturdays and brings them back on Sunday but he goes weeks and weeks without getting them and there’s a lot of issues going on at the dads house the father isn’t following the agreement made in mediation nor paying his child support which is enforced through Mecklenburg county

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Bull
Adam Bull
  • Asheville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: The child crying is generally not a basis to modify or withhold visits without more evidence of negative effects on the child as its not unusual for children to be upset about any change in there situation depending on their age.

Consult with an experienced family law attorney to determine if there is enough evidence to proceed with modifying custody.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.