New York, NY asked in Traffic Tickets for New York

Q: After 10 years do I still have to go to court ?

So I have multiple tickets but there’s this one ticket that I got Because my 4 year old daughter was sitting on her seat then she took off her seat belt from her chair and got up and the police stopped me and gave me a ticket and a court however I lost my license so I didn’t go to court nor have paid the tickets BUT ITS BEEN 10 years since all that and those tickets do I need a lawyer for that To pay the tickets and to see about the court from 10 years ? Or do I just pay off the tickets ? Or first investigate with a lawyer to lead me in the right way ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Zev Goldstein
Zev Goldstein
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Monsey, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: When you ignore a ticket in NY, it stays forever. 10 years or 30 years later, you need to deal with it if you want your driver's license back. How you deal with it is another question.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.