Kerrville, TX asked in Child Custody and Family Law for North Carolina

Q: My son is incarcerated and just received papers that the mother is going for custody.

Papers say he has no contact with his son. He talks to him several times a week. And the mother. Is there any help for him as I am in Texas and do not have the resources to help him with legal aid. The papers also say he never contacts his son which is untrue.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Bull
Adam Bull
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Asheville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: If he is in custody he cannot have visits with his child. It is unlikely a court would do anything other than award the other parent custody.

If she is seeking to terminate his parental rights that's another issue with many factors.

Consult a local experienced family law attorney to review your matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.