Heber City, UT asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts and Personal Injury for Utah

Q: wrongful eviction with a plan that involves roomate and neihbors

my landlord evicted myself and my boyfriend said he had no choice. the neighbor tried to get us to swap her daughter apartments but we said no, my boyfriends roomate made the choice to talk to the neighbors and the landlord and they all agreed that me and my boyfriend should be evicted, and then the neighbors daughter could switch from her apartment to the one we were in and the roommate can take her old apartment. the landlord attempted to hide the agreement between the other parties and attempt to make us believe the roomate was evicted as well. the landlord gave us a fake eviction under the prior tenants name, i responded but nothing after that untill the 16th of dec. the roomate tried to attack me physically punching walls calling me bad names and threatening me. and on th 18th of december the landlord broke into the apartment while i was sleep came through the window of my room and went to change the locks on the front door i called the cops and they told him he couldnt do that.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: If your eviction is still pending, a landlord-tenant attorney could advise in the best manner - or given the difficult situation, you may have already decided to start looking into other places at this point. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.