Austin, TX asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Oklahoma

Q: How can someone charged in a robbery case met with so called traumatized victim then contact them to drop charges?

Ive writtened emailed faxed phonedthe governor mayor attorney general city manager and im not gonna stop until someone with some authority looks into this case. Ive got a website that has this case. Noone wants to listen or even cares this is my sons life

1 Lawyer Answer
Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Sounds like you are suggesting someone either has or is trying to reach out to an alleged victim to get them to drop criminal felony charges. Not a good idea at all. Anyone who does so Faces the very real risk that the alleged victim might contact authorities and say they felt pressured. In that scenario the person reaching out could be charged with felony intimidation of a witness charge.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.