Kingfisher, OK asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI, Federal Crimes and Juvenile Law for Oklahoma

Q: If my first DUI was on my juvenile record, will my second DUI be a felony?

One of my friends got his 3rd DUI about 2 weeks ago. He has two previous misdemeanor DUI’s on his juvenile record. He was ordered to go to victims impact classes and to attend AA after he completed a year long rehab. He hasn’t completed all of his classes and is behind on court/probation payments. He has two misdemeanor public intoxication charges on his adult record. Can they charge him with felony aggravated DUI even though his first two DUI’s were on his juvenile record?

1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Boeheim
Brian Boeheim
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Aggravated DUI is always considered a felony. It is based on a blood alcohol level of over .15. The key to to fight the breath test or the blood test. This is complex, but if done right can save you a great deal of heartache and money. If it is in or around Tulsa, give us a call and we can answer your questions. Boeheim Freeman Law 918-884-7791.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.