Dallas, TX asked in Employment Law for Texas

Q: Company will not give me my money they owe me. What can I do to get my pay

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Miguel Angel Salazar
Miguel Angel Salazar
  • Brownsville, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Texas has strict Payday laws. The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) has and administrative procedure for employees. That would be the recommended approach depending on the complexity of the issues. If TWC does not provide a sufficient or adequate remedy then a lawyer would need to be retained.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.