Nottingham, MD asked in Intellectual Property and Real Estate Law for Maryland

Q: my water bill is to high and no one lives on the property, water is shut at the meter

no one lives on my property and I have a bill for over 1000 dollars I have anothet property same city and also no one lives there and also to high, what I can do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg
  • Potomac, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: A lawyer is unlikely to be useful for a $1,000 bill, because the benefit will not justify the cost. Try calling the water company. It sounds like a leak to me, and WSSC down here usually adjusts bills that accrued due to a leak. Don't ignore it. It will only get worse, and the water bill runs with the land.

Cedulie Renee Laumann agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.