Asked in Employment Law for Ohio

Q: I was not paid by my employer, it's been over 3 weeks since the pay period and still nothing. I'm in ohio. What can Ido?

I only briefly worked for this company for around 3 weeks I was hired on the spot and started a few days later with no Training whatsoever. Mind you, it's a home care position. I had given all documents required for employment to a manager who did my interview. I tried for days to contact. it wasnt till almost 6 days later I recieved response from the company owner. He says they do not have copies of my new hire paperwork or documents, and demanding I take some 8 hour training class that I was never informed of. The woman who is supposed

train me the Monday that I started never showed up so how could I possibly know that I had some type of training I had to finish and why would I wanna go do that training now that I'm no longer with them. I did contact the job and wage board but all they can collect for me as men and wage when I was offered $13 an hour. Which I feel is not fair to me, especially with my experience in the field. What can I do??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James J. Hux
James J. Hux
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Sometimes the government agencies are limited on what they can recover for you.

I'm not necessarily seeing anything in your question that would prevent you from getting the full $13/hr. The only way to know for sure is by contacting an employment law attorney as soon as possible. Some will offer free initial consultations.

Attorney James J Hux

Hux Law Firm, LLC

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.