Elkton, MD asked in Contracts and Landlord - Tenant for Maryland

Q: We rent a house to a single man, his daughter and boyfriend came in to stay with him for a while! a year later we need

out! do we have to give a 30 notice?? since they are not on the rental agreement and pay nothing, what is the legal way of having them removed!! we live in Maryland, thank you!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph D. Allen
Joseph D. Allen
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Hunt Valley, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: It depends on all the facts and the lease (whether written or not). It might be properly a wrongful detainer, or tenant holding over, or breach of lease, or failure to pay rent- all are theoretically possible under the limited facts in the question.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.