Akron, OH asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Ohio

Q: Expungement. 2009 felony of th 5th receing stolen property.

Also have a MM for marinuana possesion in 2010

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Breezy M Warner
Breezy M Warner
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • New Albany, OH

A: In Ohio expungement of a record is limited to specific crimes, generally only available for victims of sex trafficking. However, Ohio does allow for sealing records of a non violent nature, that do not involve minors. You must wait 3 years from final disposition of the felony, and 1 year for the misdemeanor. If you are interested in hiring an attorney to seal the record feel free to contact my office for a free initial consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.